Hand phone explodes while woman sleeps


Images from the Chinese media


By John Isaac

A woman was rudely awakened when her hand phone suddenly exploded.

According to reports in the Chinese media, the 58-year-old woman had placed her phone just next to her pillow.

The incident occurred about 4.30am on Tuesday in Segamat, Johor.

The woman had apparently gone to bed about 4am and about 30 minutes later, she heard a loud bang, like firecrackers.

When she got up, she claimed she could see some bright sparks in the darkness.

"I switched on the light and noticed that my phone had exploded. There was still some powder-like stuff coming from the phone which was still spinning on the floor," she said.

She said her bed sheet, hair clip and the floor were damaged in the incident.

She said she had been using the same phone for the last six years.

"I was not even charging the phone at the time and am just glad I was not injured," she added.